Election Information

Upcoming Elections
  • February 20, 2024 – Spring Primary (if necessary)
  • April 2, 2024 – Spring Election & Presidential Preference Primary
  • August 13, 2024 – Primary Election
  • November 5, 2024 – General Election

POLLING LOCATION & HOURS:  Town of Sevastopol residents vote at the town hall located at 4528 State Highway 57, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin (next door to Sevastopol School in Institute).  Wisconsin municipalities have uniform polling hours beginning at 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.

PHOTO ID:  Wisconsin residents are required to show proof of identification in order to obtain a ballot, both at the polls and by absentee.  In most cases, this will be a Wis driver's license or Wis-issued identification card.  Photo ID requirements are different than proof of residence requirements.  Your driver's license may not have your current address, but it will have your name and photo ID--that is sufficient for Photo ID.  The Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles has a process to allow people to obtain a free State ID card for voting purposes, even if the person does not have a birth certificate.   Go to Wisconsin Voter Information website at  https://myvote.wi.gov/ for information and instructions.

WHAT's ON MY BALLOT?  Visit myvote.wi.gov to find out what's on the current election ballot.  Or call the town office at 746-1230.

TO REGISTER:   Please contact the town clerk at 746-1230 to register.  If you are a U.S. citizen, over the age of 18 and have been a Town of Sevastopol resident for at least 28 days, you are eligible to register with appropriate proof of residence.  New residents can register on election day; you can save time and avoid confusion by registering ahead of time by mail or in person at the clerk's office. Be sure to bring proof of residency when you register.  A full list  of acceptable documents is available here: https://myvote.wi.gov/Portals/0/Documents/AcceptablePhotoIDs.pdf

MY VOTE WEBSITE    The Wisconsin Elections Commission (EL) has posted lots of helpful information for voters at its website, www.myvote.wi.gov.  Wisconsin voters can check their voting history, polling location and see what is on the ballot for upcoming elections.

ABSENTEE BALLOTS   If you need an absentee ballot, please contact the town clerk at 746-1230.   You will need to provide Proof of ID in order to obtain an absentee ballot. There are several ways to request and vote absentee:

Absentee In Person Voting.  You may vote absentee in person at the Clerk's office beginning the second Tuesday prior to election day and ending on the Friday before election day.  Absentee voting hours are 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.  Office:  746-1230

By mail.  Send your signed request to the Town of Sevastopol, 4528 State Highway 57, Sturgeon Bay WI 54235.   A ballot will be mailed to the address you specify.

By email.  Email your request to [email protected].  A ballot will be mailed to the address you specify.

You can use this form EL-121 - Absentee Ballot Request or just plain paper.  NOTE: only military and permanent overseas voters are allowed to receive ballots by email or fax; all other absentee ballots will be mailed or voted in person at the clerk's office.    Your ballot must be received by the end of Election day in order to be processed and counted.

Indefinitely Confined (due to age, disability, etc.).  You are eligible to receive ballots by mail  for every election if you are confined.  Complete an Absentee Ballot Request, in Section 6, darken the 3rd circle for every election, sign, date and return to the Town office.

Please take notice that outstanding absentee ballots and provisional ballots for all elections shall be posted to this website after the close of polls (8:00 p.m.) on election nights.


You must be a resident for at least 28 days prior to the election date.  If you have not been a resident for 28 days, you will need to vote in person or by absentee at your previous registration location.  The deadline to register by mail is 20 days prior to an election date.  Thereafter, you must register in the municipal clerk's office.  Be sure to provide/bring appropriate proof of residence.